N_G.06 Work as a teachers’ assistant and give English classes in Northern Nicaragua
Project Number: N_G.06
Location: Jinotega, Nicaragua
Keywords: Education, English Teacher, Students, Adults
Description of the Project:
The aim of the project is primarily to improve the quality of English teaching in the region of Jinotega. The project manager has set himself 3 goals. In order to give many children the opportunity to receive a good education in English, it is important to start directly with the improvement of the English language skills of the local teachers. Great emphasis is placed on the correct pronunciation and tips are given on the didactic design of the lessons. The project manager also regularly visits the region’s remote coffee plantations to provide the children living there with a high-quality basic education in English. In addition, the language level of students at Jinotega University is also expected to increase steadily through optimal English lessons.
The volunteers accompany the project leader in his teaching for teachers, pupils and students and assist him in the preparation and implementation of his daily educational work. It will take place an exchange of creative teaching methods and in the projects an intercultural exchange can additionally increase the motivation of the pupils and students.
Teach English in two different sites and get an insight into hydroelectric plants and the University of Jinotega:
- Teaching local English teachers of a school in Jinotega
- Teach children on the remote coffee plantations
- Teach students of an English teaching program at University in Jinotega.
- Enhance the lessons with new didactical input
- Work schedule:
- 8 hours per day, free weekends
Accommodation, Benefits and Costs:
- You can stay in a host family (US $ 120) in Jinotega or Matagalpa.
- Proyecto Mosaico books your lodging, Spanish school and your transportation from the airport, furthermore we offer individual assistance provided by the office in Granada before, throughout and after your stay
- For our work and our services we ask a one-time-only fee of 250 € (approx. 335US$, depending on daily exchange rate) – regardless of the length of your stay
- Minimum stay: 1 week but longer terms of involvement are preferred
- Spanish level: Basic
- Skills and expertise: Independent nature, advanced English skills, cultural sensitivity, willingness to travel; patience, teaching experience is a bonus
Have a look at the detailed project presentation with more pictures, info on accommodation and location:
Interested? Send us here your…Inicial Request for your Volunteer Experience