G_M.11 Work in administration and marketing for an indigenous textile cooperative (Guatemala)
New: Support the traditional herb gardening
Location: San Juan la Laguna, Guatemala
Keywords: Marketing, Administration, indigenous culture, Education
The project supports a group of Tz’utujiles-women who produce handmade textiles with natural colouring. The procedure of colouring fabric traditionally is being replaced more and more by synthetic colouring. The initiative is preserving this traditional technique and produces different high-quality products (100% natural). At the moment it consists of 30 women of varying age groups. A short while ago they started exporting into the USA and are now trying to widen their export range. Additionally, they have started traditional herb gardening and are currently building a teahouse.
Depending on your abilities you can.
- Manage the website
- Help with the administration and tend to english- or french-speaking customers
- Design new products
- Do market analysis and search for new markets
- Make sure the products’ quality is good enough to be sold
- Help out in the store
- Teach English
- Work in the herb garden
- Schedule: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Vacations: check with your supervisor
- Minimum stay: 1 month
- Spanish: basic knowledge
- Knowledge of marketing, fundraising, education and medicine is preferred but not obligatory
- Must bring own computer
Accomodation, Benefits and Costs
- You can stay in a host family in San Juan la Laguna (from 75US$/week) or in a hostel in San Pedro la Laguna (approx. 5-10 US$/night)
- Proyecto Mosaico books your lodging, Spanish school and your transportation from the airport, furthermore we offer individual assistance provided by the office in Granada before, throughout and after your stay
- For our work and our services we ask a one-time-only fee of 250 € – regardless of the length of your stay