Location: Close to Guatemala City, Guatemala
Description of the project:
They work with children and teenagers who study music in the afternoons playing music at different local events and at “didactic concerts” in schools. The project was created in order to enable children and teenagers to play music and form a symphony orchestra.
- Teach children to sing and play an instrument, work as a part of the orchestra, offer dance and theatre workshops
- Work schedule: flexible, but mostly you will work in the afternoon from 2-5 p.m. and at night from 6-9 p.m.
- Vacations: January
Accommodation, Benefits and Costs:
- Stay in a host family (from 50 US$/ week incl. 3 meals a day)
- Proyecto Mosaico books your lodging, Spanish school and your transportation from the airport, furthermore we offer individual assistance provided by the office in Granada before, throughout and after your stay
- For our work and our services we ask a one-time-only fee of 250 € (approx. 335 US$, depending on daily exchange rate) – regardless of the length of your stay
- Minimum stay: 3 months, 1 month for professional musicians
- Spanish level: Intermediate
- Skills and expertise: You are creative, patient and able to play an instrument or to sing, you like working with children, knowledge about teaching children can be useful
How to apply:
Follow the link “Volunteering” or contact our volunteer coordinator Sabrina (firstname.lastname@example.org) with reference to the project number G_B.02