N_F.28 Work in a day care center for children of less fortunate neighborhoods (Nicaragua)
Location: Granada, Nicaragua
Description of the project:
The day care center was created in 2012 in order to protect and accompany children of deprived families in their physical, psychic and social development. Therefore the team of the day care center intends to promote each of their 35 children individually imparting not only knowledge but love, affection and self-confidence with the aim of opening up chances for a better future.The focus of the project mainly lies on facilitating social care and education to children of torn families and single mothers with low economic resources living in the deprived neighborhoods of Granada.Therefore the daycare center encourages a child oriented, individual care program of early childhood education, quality school education, and play and leisure activities. The day care center also cares about the children’s health problems like malnutrition or hygiene deficits. In addition to that it provides school supplies and aims to support mothers without a job in progressing professionally and finding work.
- Help the children with personal hygiene, washing their hands, brushing their teeth, etc.
- Create development-enhancing activities for the children, tutor and mentor the kids, teach English
- Take care of the younger ones like feeding or diaper changing
- Carryout administrative tasks (e.g. social media activities)
- Tailoring, sewing or needlework
- Work schedule: Depending on your work agreement, but generally Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- Vacations: flexible; last Friday before Christmas until first Monday after New Year
- Minimum stay: 3 months
- Spanish level: Intermediate
- Skills and expertise: Ability to work independently and as part of a team, love to work with children, cultural sensitivity, sense of responsibility, experience in children’s education or in working with kids
Accommodation, Benefits and Costs:
- You can stay with a host family (from 50 US$/ week incl. breakfast), in a shared flat (from 35 US$/ week), or in a hostel (from 5 US$/ day in a dorm room)
- Proyecto Mosaico books your lodging, Spanish school and your transportation from the airport, furthermore we offer individual assistance provided by the office in Granada before, throughout and after your stay
- For our work and our services we ask a one-time-only fee of 250 € – regardless of the length of your stay
Have a look at the detailed project presentation with more pictures, info on accommodation and location:
Interested? Send us an here your…Inicial Request for your Volunteer Experience