N_F.32 Lead a group in a team sport or in a creative activity in two Elementary schools close to Granada
Location: Granada, Nicaragua
Description of the Project:
You will work with children of underprivileged families in two elementary schools close to Granada. The aim of the project is – in addition to teaching basic knowledge about a team sport (e.g. soccer, basketball) or a creative activity (e.g. theater, music, dance) – to encourage the personal and social development of the children. Furthermore the project’s ambition is to create an incentive for the local children to attend school in the afternoon and take part in extracurricular education and leisure time activities, in order to protect them from negative influences they are exposed to on the streets due to being unattended.
The class size will be between 8 and 20 children.
As a sports coach or arts teacher your tasks will be:
- Teach children the basic terms and rules of a team sport or of a creative activity
- Oversee games and practice or creative classes
- Play sports with the children or oversee their creative work
- Give them a chance to practice English in an environment other than the classroom
- Work schedule: Monday to Thursday, ca. 1:40 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Vacations: Easter week, Christmas (mid/end of November – mid/end of February)
- Minimum stay: flexible between February and November, long term stays preferred
- Spanish level: Intermediate
- Skills and expertise: You like to work and spend time with children, interest in sports or a creative activity; creativity and the ability to work independently, flexibility and patience; experiences in tutoring or working with children are helpful (but are not required)
Accommodation, Benefits and Costs:
- You can stay in a host family in the city of Granada (from 50 US$ / week incl. breakfast) or shared flat (130 US$ / month)
- Proyecto Mosaico books your lodging, Spanish school and your transportation from the airport, furthermore we offer individual assistance provided by the office in Granada before, throughout and after your stay
- For our work and our services we ask a one-time-only fee of 250 € – regardless of the length of your stay
- Free transfer from Granada to the schools where you work, incl. a non-alcoholic beverage
Have a look at the detailed project presentation with more pictures, info on accommodation and location:
Interested? Send us here your…Inicial Request for your Volunteer Experience